Saturday, August 16, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #29

This weeks Cupcake challenge was a fun one for me. I viewed Taylor's featured cupcake sampler, Noelle's card and I loved her take on Cupcake 101. As a springboard from her card I immediately went to this idea: What makes a cupcake? It's all the little things put together...the frosting the cake itself the sprinkles and thus my card was born. On the right are three delicious whole cupcakes(featured again int eh the focal center circle) and the remaining are those bits and pieces that together make up the whole cupcake, I started with a textured blue car stock from my Colorbok stash as my base. From there I used up a bunch of scraps from Basic my Grey collection(this time all from the Dasher line). The cupcake stamps are cut from different Inkadinkadoo stamps and frosted with white Liquid Applique and topped with Stickles "sprinkles". I didn't have a circle punch small enough so I used my Fiskars template and shape cutter to get my circles and drew by hand the scallops around each feature. I love highlighting a certain something in my cards and this time chose to place my center circle on dimensional foam. Thanks for coming by, I hope you play along this weekend...remember to check out Taylor's blog for further details! Blessings to you on this beautiful weekend.

4 comments:

Atlantic said...

beautiful...

hav a nice day?

Sara said...

Liza, thanks for posting a comment on my blog! =) It made my evening to see that someone came by to check out my card. I love what you did with the sketch too. Especially the liquid applique! yum!
Sara
http://blog.papersandplums.com/archive/2008/08/taylored-expr-1.html

Kathryn said...

Love the cupcakes -- so YUMMY!! :)
The card is beautiful !

Taylor said...

So cute! Love that your center image is larger than the others! Thanks for playing!