Friday, August 15, 2008

It's a Boy!

I am totally in love with this gentle lion. How cute is he! This was an impulse purchase at my local Buck or Two store and I have to tell you I was apprehensive about buying stamps form them. Quality and all you know. But for $8 I got a huge assortment of the cutest "boysie" stamps. They are a Sandylion brand and I'll tell you a secret I bought the girlie version today from them. Anyways back to the card. I needed something super sweet for my newest nephew who is absolutely adorable, plus I wanted to use some new papers and stuff and wow, this for once turned out like I imagined it would. So I started out with some baby blue card stock from my Colorblok stash. I really like this paper for two reasons: 1. I got a fantastic deal on it at Walmart and 2. It has a beautiful texture on one side. The patterned papers are form Nans Nursery paper blok...which is a fantastic deal! Some ware shimmered and textured and all coordinate beautifully with each other. The ribbon is from my Costco stash it has an adhesive backing which makes it great for flat uses. The buttons are from my Dollarama stash and the stamped sentiment is from Autumn Leaves (Rhonna Farrer: Baby) I used my favorite Staz On ink for stamping and that is pretty much the details on the card. I think this is my new favorite card. Now to actually make sure I give it to my Bro/Sis in law!


No comments: