Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sketch Challenge "mytimess1"

I enjoy visiting Lauren Meader's blog at My Time...(see my blog roll to the right). She always has such a amazing creations! Her cards and other works of art are super professional in appearance and are one of a kind. On Saturdays she has a sketch that anyone can join in - so here is my interpretation of her sketch. As you can see I flipped the sketch for my needs. The card stock is from my Colorblok stash from Walmart and the patterned paper is yes, that's right, Basic Grey's Wonderland from the Blitzen line. I used my Whale of a punch for the squares and the Marvy Scalloped punch. My butterflies were inked and embossed and come from Inkadinkadoo. I pierced a trail for the butterfly using a sewing needle and finished it off with Peace using my October Afternoon letter stamps. I distressed the edges of the card a touch to give it some fuzziness and used dimensional foam for the squares to raise them up. Although the card is for a sad occasion I am happy with the way it turned out. Double click on the pics for a better view. Blessings to you!

No comments: