Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scarlet's Love Letter



I needed a card for Valentines Day for my husband...these I find difficult. I want it to be lovey-dovey but it's still for a man and needs to stay away from "sugar and spice and all that's nice..." So I compromised and really loved the card. It was quite simple to boot!

I started with a black card stock and turned to my all time favorite paper - Scarlet's Letter(Basic Grey). Used a corner rounder on everything and adhered. I covered the seam with ribbon - but no bows! Instead to give it some dimension I used a foam double sided tape for the ribbon. It actually sits 1/8" high. The rub ons were a freebie I won at a crop and work fantastic! They are in French and rub on beautifully. They are from Accent Scrapbooking, I believe it is a primarily French line of product.

The inside was the same red paper inside with another rub on from Accent Scrapbooking and that was it. Easy as pie.
Except I can't make pie so ...
Blessings to you today!

P.S. Sorry about this post quality..I am having problems :(

No comments: