Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Prince Chipboard Card

Every girl needs a Prince Charming and I certainly married mine 4 1/2 years ago. To celebrate his birthday I recruited his Dad to help me with his gift. This is one of the only times I was able to surprise him with a birthday gift! What did I get him you ask? Well he always talked about what a shame it was that there weren't enough Canadian flags flying in our town and that one day he was going to put up a huge flagpole in front of our house. So I beat him to it and had a flagpole made and bought all the rest of the stuff and viola! A birthday gift that for once was a surprise. So now that you know all of the history here is the card that I made for my Beloved. I used chipboard as the base and covered it in Basic Grey papers. I absolutely love these papers (as you already know) for use on masculine cards and gifts. Because you can't really frill up a manly card these papers have enough punch to them to be gorgeous on their own. Yet at the same time you can do beautiful girly things to them as well. The monogram "P" is a Heidi Swapp chipboard letter that I covered in coordinating paper form my Basic Grey collection. The metal charm was in my stash that I know I bought at my LSS but have no clue who it came from anymore. We all know that a card with out a ribbon barely qualifies so here out of respect for the masculine intended I substituted BG paper. The closure is an old button from my sewing stash and I used a leather string from a jewellery making experience as the tie. Inside I created my own embellishments using chipboard and metal. and used a transparency to type out my birthday wishes. This was one of first experiences in working with chipboard and I must say I loved it and have been hooked ever since. Blessings to you!

No comments: