Sunday, August 3, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 27

I've been a regular visitor to tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com for a couple of months and have always admired the professional looking creations that have inspired me over and over again. So this weekend I decided that I was going to do something for the first time - submit a card. It isn't really a big deal and yet it is...for some reason. So here is a blurb from Taylor's blog with some of the details...You're not required to use cupcakes for the challenge, but if you got 'em why not use 'em!? :) You're welcome to create something other than a card, just stick as closely to the sketch as possible and you'll be eligible for the prize drawing and Featured Cupcake Sampler honors. If you're uploading to Splitcoast use keyword TECC27 (for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 27). Leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post or gallery upload so I can check it out! You must have your cards uploaded by Monday, August 4th at 8am PST to be eligible for the prize drawing. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
So here is my version of Taylor's sketch. Unfortunately the pic is quite blurry so make sure you double click on it to get a clear picture. As y0u can see I have definitely taken some liberty with the sketch but really enjoyed the way everything came together in the end. My favorite part about this card is a toss up between the embossed cupcake liners and the 3D frosting... something I just discovered called Liquid Applique. Love both but then I also got to use my new Martha Stewart Doily punch. It is soo pretty and delicate. Anyways, gotta run, have a great week!

Supplies: Card stock from my Colorblok stash, patterned paper from Autumn Leaves (Walmart), Inkadinakadoo Stamps, Liquid Applique and Stickles

2 comments:

Catherine said...

love the frosting of your cupcakes =)

Kathryn said...

Great card --YES -- your frosting looks good enough to eat!!
Love it! :)