Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Diaper Bag Tags

I think this is one of favorite things I've made in a really long time! I saw somewhere in www an idea for diaper bag tags and instantly my mind just kind went all over the place thinking about how I could do mine own.

So here we are. I used the largest tag from a pack of Maya Road scalloped chipboard tags and painted it a light tan colour that I knew would match my sister's diaper bag.

Next I measured out my paper I used some scrap card stock for the matting and then cut 2 pieces of patter end from my favorite company Basic Grey. I absolutely love their papers!


Next I worked on the monograms. These Heidi Swapp chipboard letters are wonderful. Sturdy enough to handle all the stuff I did it. I know there is the fancy dimensional "stuff" meant for this kind f thing, but I don't have any and figured out a pretty good alternative. You will need a bottle of clear nail polish and glitter. Using your nail polish paint a small section at a time and then dump glitter onto it. Remove excess glitter and proceed onto the next section and repeat until your monogram is covered. Your next step is to put nail polish over the glitter. The best way to do this is to let the polish drip from your brush onto the monogram and then lightly spread it. Be sure to get the entire surface. It will take a while to dry before you can do your next coat. Keep repeating this until you have the desired look. Before using it on the tag it is a good idea to let it dry for several hours or overnight. The end result is a beautiful glittery monogram that is safely protected and shiny! It looks absolutely amazing in person. I need to learn to take better pictures!
After that I adhered it to my tag and finished it off with a handwritten name.
At that point it still needed something so I took 3 brads snipped of the prongs and hot glued them to the tag. Then it was finished. I found some pretty ribbon to use as chain and now all the mamas want one! A great gift that doesn't cost a lot but is so very personal and a great keepsake.


No comments: