Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Love Birds

I have just recently started playing with embossing powders, heat guns and flock and I am loving it. So neat how it all works and changes a nice card into something a lot more special.
Todays card feature was for a friends wedding. You can't see it too clearly from the picture but I used all three new things plus a transparency on this card! In the end I quite liked it.
The transparency ended up looking a little bit shabby chic since the heat gun was wielded a little sloppily.
The birds were a stamp from the Spring Retro line from I think Pretty Paisley Stamps. The bird int eh back was inked with black Staz On and then embossed with Tim Holts distress powder - Milled Lavender. The bird in front was stamped but then flock applied a little at a time using a Quickie glue pen and propped up on dimensional foam.

Inside I embossed my sentiment Love Birds. Card stock was a great buy from Walmart - Colorblok Textured Card stock. See ya!

No comments: