Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A "Whiteboard " Clipboard

For a long time I was without a camera of my own. Long story short is that it died after borrowing it out, never to be replaced again until visa points were accumulated! So in that time of sadness and mourning I started creating a lot of altered art using all of my favorite scrapbook items. This legal sized clipboard was one of them.

I picked it up for a couple of dollars at my local Buck or Two store - as well as a few mini clipboards and other such items. This particular one I created for my sister as a gift for some reason or another...can't remember! As you can see in the picture I once again used my all time favorite paper: the Scarlet's Letter from Basic Grey. Because of the size of the clipboard I was short 2" on paper and was having a difficult time deciding what to cover those 2" with. I ended up using some card stock that I stamped flourishes on using black and gold. This helped to blend the two better.

Next step was to attach my ribbon. I didn't like the way the seam looked where my patterned paper ended and the card stock started. This particular ribbon I received as a gift through my church's Secret Sister program. I found out later it was from Costco (Cdn version of Sam's Club). I chose to use this flat twill here because it has a peel away adhesive on the back. Can't use it to tie a ribbon but it works beautifully for things like this. I wanted this clipboard to be functional as well so I took transparency paper (because who on earth is going to cover that beautiful paper up!) sent it through my printer and using my all time favorite font Scriptina created a whiteboard like layer to keep track of things on. I adhered the transparency in a couple of spots and then went a little nuts with buttons. I really, really, really like them! These were a mixture of buttons I have had forever as well as some from a package I bought from Dollarama. A few were strategically placed to help cover the adhesive...see whiy I love them!

I grabbed an office clip - can not ever remember their real name - and very carefully and slowly applied some rub ons. The end of the clip is on of my fave parts...more buttons! To finish it off I tied a ribbon around the clip and proceeded to carefully wrap it up to give away.

So even though I was cameraless, I was still able to create...just had to think outside the camera! I think this is when I also started making cards. Blessings to you!

1 comment:

MyHeritage said...

Hey Liza Lu,
Yup, you are a creative genius. The clip board was a secret sister gift and a fabulous one at that.
Keep the creative juices flowing!
SArita